The mission of the Collaboratory is to create an interdisciplinary environment where in individuals who pursue basic clinical and translational research can interact and stimulate novel, interdisciplinary research that fosters development of programs that impact individuals.
The focus is on:
- Promoting the training of health care professional, future prevention researchers and public health ambassadors to support the vision and mission of the Collaboratory.
- Building health promotion in the places where Tucsonans live, learn, work, worship and play.
- Developing programs that meet individual, group and community-identified wellness needs.
- Targeting health literacy as central to achieve necessary gains in behavioral change.
- Addressing the special needs of the children, elderly and underserved